Author Topic: Does the Neat feeder Work?  (Read 547 times)

Offline Jacq

• Nothing comes to sleepers but a dream
Does the Neat feeder Work?
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
Saw the Neat feeder on sale yesterday, it was a medium/large size. The bowls seemed on the small size, 6 or 8 cup can't remember it was YESTERDAY ya know. Anyone have feedback on theirs and the size, I will assume most everyone has a Large. this said Med/Large on the box so I am not sure if they sell just Large. It was $32, better than the $60+, is it worth the cost?

With a pup coming I am buying things bit by bit! Any other Must have for a new AM pup?

Thanks!!

Jacq

[link=http://pitapata.com][img noborder]http://pdgf.pitapata.com/gJpTm5.png[/img][/link]

Jacq

Howell, Mi
Mrs. Beasley 8/21/12
Amber Pines Emma and Reds Daughter
Charlie (Eng. Pointer) 5/02-8/12 RIP my frog pointer
Hogan aka Dufus (choc. Lab) RIP Duf 8/04-8/14
Hooper 4/12 -12/12 RIP Sweet boy
AMber Pines Emma and Reds Pup
Walter 6/15-
AMber Pines Jade and Reds Pup

Offline fisher_man_matt

• Gertrude Pics
Re: Does the Neat feeder Work?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
Are you talking about the Neater Feeder?  http://www.neaterfeeder.com/

I got one after someone posted a special offer.  I like it a lot.  It seems to have cut down on the stray kibble around Gert's feeding station.  That said, I wouldn't by one until I found out if my pup was a messy eater or not.
Matt in Concord, NC
Gertrude
Flying W Farms
KACI / MALACHI
02-01-2009

Offline Angie1224

• Life at Logs End ~ Our Blog ~
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »
Funny I was just going to post about this!  Randy got one at Sam's for Zoe we've had her bowls sitting on a mud tray (the deep things you put muddy shoes on) for a long time because girlfriend can displace some serious water!  It works GREAT!  I am sooo happy with it, it's keeping all that water from getting all over the floor and that tray is a lot easier to slide out and dump then the mud mat ever was!  She was a little unsure at first because she was use to eating from the side instead of the front of her bowls but she figured it out. 
whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, never had a big dog!

Offline dmartin

• Yes mom, we're sharing the bed.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:58:22 AM »
Matt's suggestion to wait and see how messy your dog will be is a good one.  Sasha is not a messy eater at all but she only gets two cups of food at time; one cup in her bowl and one cup in a toy.  Sasha currently gets fed at 5:00 am, 10:30 am and 9:30 pm.  Strange times to feed but it works with work schedule.  Also, if she didn't get something to eat first thing in the morning, she would throw up this yucky yellow bile.  The 5:00 am feeding stopped that from happening.

For her drinking bowl I have a high-sided bucket so while she's drinking, the water that gets splashed stays in the bucket and most of what drips out of her mouth as she's taking her head out of the bucket stays there as well.

I originally had everything on a Rubbertote lid but now it's on a waterproof mat.  I have a ceramic tile floor so any water that is spilt is easily cleaned up.  If you had wood flooring you may want to do more to stop the water on the floor issue.
Debbie from Toronto
Captain Kiss, CGN, CRNMCL, CRNTMCL - Hidden Acres Farm
Born May 9/14 to Abby / Bull

Sasha, CGN, CKC, CRNCL, SDS-SP, SDA - Hidden Acres Farm
Born: Dec 10/10 - RIP Aug 19/16
Hunley / Rebel

Sierra - Hidden Acres Farm                     
Born: Mar 6/08 - R.I.P.Oct 26/10           
Max / Savannah    

Spend your time teaching what you want, not stopping things you don't want.