Author Topic: No Prozac for Aine!!!  (Read 529 times)

Offline Amluvr

No Prozac for Aine!!!
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:08 PM »
I've been pretty closed mouthed as to some problems that our rescue AM Aine is having. I realize that they are not her fault, not something we have done, but rather, what was done to her before. Aine is a very sweet dog, who because of her first four years, has some very deep seeded fear, aggression, and anxiety issues. I've spoken with her breeder, Barb Bradford, a trainer, her vet and a few other people as what I can possibly do to help her. Her trainer and vet felt that based on her behavior she would be best on Prozac. I had issues with this. Not only because it's expensive, but also because it MIGHT make things worse. I expressed this to her vet and set out to find some alternatives for her. Today I ordered the following products for Aine. After reading customer reviews, I am confident that trying this, before putting her on something as harsh as Prozac, is what's BEST for Aine.  =)

This is one product we have ordered and following is a customer review that is so wonderful!

http://www.drharveys.com/products/show/38-relax-and-stress-for-dogs
“I cannot tell you. This product is a gift! I had my dog on Prozac. Can you imagine? I felt guilty every day. And it wasn't helping. A friend told me about Dr. Harvey’s and I found your website. It was truly a gift. I think things happen for a reason and for my dog this was amazing. We have used Relax and Stress for 6 months now everything is better. My dog Shy was afraid of everything. He was afraid to get in the car and to go to the Vet and of all people! I was so sad for him which is why I started the Prozac. But it never felt right. So I am writing to thank you, because Shy is so much better. He is not sleepy or drugged he is just more relaxed, just like you said. I have also switched to feeding raw and to your Canine Health, which he also loves. You are good people doing good work. I am thankful that I found you”

The next product we ordered is sort of like a cocktail of flower essences, that YOU create YOURSELF, based on YOUR dog's needs. For a very low price you can order up to 6 based on what you see in your dog and behaviors you HOPE to see with the supplement. The six I picked for Aine are:
Aspen
Cherry Plum
Mimulus
Rescue Remedy
Star of Bethlehem and
Willow
http://www.aldaronessences.com/details.php#cid=65894

If you read each of those, on the website, they describe key behaviors that sweet Aine has, and how what she might act like with her custom supplement. This site came highly recommended to me and their reviews too are just amazing. I should have these in by Saturday and I will post updates on how our girl is doing on them. I really hope they help her in amazing ways so I don't have to resort to literally drugging her. Please wish our sweet girl luck! I am determined to do everything for her so that she can begin to act just as sweet as I know she is!

<3 A dog is the only being who will love you more than they love themselves. <3

Offline rose

• Rose ~ Schenevus,NY
Re: No Prozac for Aine!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 06:08:23 AM »
Good luck!!!! I think it is a great idea to give natural remedies a try first.
Bella- Deepwood Acres(Diesel x Willow) 07/14/06 CGC, TDI
Rocco-Deepwood Acres(Diesel x Duchess) 09/13/07 CGC, TDI

Offline mobobbie

• Global Moderator
  • The Herkimer Battle Jitney
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:28:01 PM »
 :spinning_flower: Thank you so much for letting us know what you have found and for posting the links.   :spinning_flower:
 :grinning.flower: Please let us know how things progress ( I know they will) for Aine.
  :grinning.flower:
"More wagging, less barking!"
Mike & Barbara, SC

Bueller, silver fawn male, 8/31/04-5/16/13 (until we meet again) Orion Farms Juno X Odin
Jazz (Pooka's Jazzy Dream), apricot brindle female, 11/20/05-7/15/16(now walking with Bueller)Orion Farms Pooka X Odin
Herkimer Battle Jitney, apricot male, 9/08/06 Flying W Farms Lady Marsha X Nigel
              rehomed to us 7/12/12

Offline MParlier

• Administrator
  • Forum Owner/Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »
Yes... Please keep us updated as to how the products work for your girl!!  Keeping my fingers crossed that they work and make her comfortable!!

Michelle
~AM Murphy, Flying W Farms (B: 1.23.05 ~ Rufus & Kady) CGC, Therapy Dogs International, Inc., RIP 8.22.2016
~Epileptic GSD mix Annie (B: 10.4.04 ~ adopted 5.06) RIP 5.17.08
~EM Frankie (B: 11.11.01 ~ adopted 10.07) RIP 10.28.09
~Epileptic AM Brody, Orion Farms (B: 9.11.09 ~ Merlin & Pandora ~ adopted 4.2.10) RIP 6.15.13
~EM Maggie (B: 10.17.05 ~ adopted 12.06) RIP 12.1.2013
~Chihuahua mix, Daisy (B: approx 2003 ~ adopted 11.09) RIP 1.31.2014

*You get out of a dog only what you are willing to put into it.